Monday, May 7, 2012

18 years ago....

I married my husband, David. It's hard to believe it's been 18 years!! Time truly flies!!
The first and last time I had my nails done!!

So to celebrate this year, I told my husband I had a whole weekend planned of 'fun' things to do! He raised his eyebrow and listened patiently..... and then agreed! LOVE HIM! :D  So, Friday night we went to the movies to see The Avengers.. can you say FUN!??!? We are both total comic nerds and are just loving all the great movies Marvel is putting out right now. FINALLY the FX people have managed to bring to life all those great artistic works from the comic books we love!!  lol  So what a fun night we had! Ate a nice tasty meal at Ruby Tuesday and then ran up to the cinema and really were blown away by a great movie!! 
We had planned to attend a symphony yesterday but ended up just spending the day at home. But today we did follow through on my final plans! We took our two young pups and drove out to South Mountains State Park. It's about 45 minutes away and just gorgeous!
It was overcast this morning but turned out to be a lovely day. This is my attempt to not take the picture through a somewhat dirty windscreen! The trails at South Mountain are well maintained and just a joy to walk on. They do get quite strenuous!! The most popular trail is the one we hiked today. It follows the river up the mountain to the high falls.. a great treat once you've climbed All. Those. Stairs. 
 Some down stairs early on the trail.....
 Crossing the river.......
 UP stairs..... one of several flights before you reach the overlook at the falls
 The falls!! I can't remember how high the drop is... it's really a beautiful sight. We didn't stay here long , there were people there and another dog that our pups were too excited to meet, we wanted to keep peace, so after a little sniffing around we moved on ....
 UP even more stairs!!! There are 3 more looooooong flights to reach the top of the falls... then you get a nice gradual climb back down to the bottom...  I truly enjoyed my anniversary hike today!! My husband did too and we plan to take a hike each Monday now! We live in the Western North Carolina foothills.. we literally can hike a new trail every week and not hike the same place twice in a year at least!!

But now I am quite tired and need to get some shut-eye.. Oh, did I mention that after our 5.5 mile hike, I ended up doing our normal walk routine with my sister this evening? Tack on another 2.1 miles! LOL All in all, a really great day!
I said I needed sleep.... but as I sit here I see a little pile of beads calling my name..... we shall see........
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary lovely lady! It looks like you and David had a beautiful day.

    Karyn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karyn! We had a lovely day and are actually planning to make it a regular adventure! <3

    ReplyDelete