Sunday, June 24, 2012

Project 5 Reveal!

So once again, I have neglected my blog for some time... but one sure way to get a blog post is for Karyn at Releases By Rufydoof to have a Reveal Day!!!

Project 5 included two patterns from Helena Tang-Lim at Manek Manek Beads. Echoes of Nefertiti and we were also able to purchase a pattern called 4 Leaf Clover cuff at a reduced rate once we showed that we worked on it. I have never purchased a pattern before and I have to say that I WILL be purchasing more of Helena's in the future. They are so well written and just work up so smoothly and the finished product is just lovely!!

I ended up with two versions of Nefertiti, and I'm currently working on a third! I will have to post pictures of that once it actually starts to be more than a pile of beads on my mat :)

Here is my first version, I just love the blue Tilas! I used Purple Zebra Jasper coins, they have a slightly rounded edge that does tend to let the fan slip around it.. I believe it's more of a 'too much tension' issue... which is present in the majority of my work ;)  I found the 4mm bicones in my stash and I think they are just perfect! I did have some issues with the toggle bar but I know what I did wrong and will fix it on my next one! :) 
 This is the second version I made, I'm not particularly keen on the bicones.. they are a bit too blue for the coppery purples of the rest of the necklace. Once I restock my stringing wire, I will change these out for another smokier blue crystal.

And here is one of the 4 Leaf Clover cuffs I worked up. I had my boss pick colors for me because I knew I would just go to black or greens.... this worked up SO nicely!! I just love the components and have been dreaming up other ways to use them..... I have one half finished in black pearls with a purple lined blue seed... but I left it at work yesterday! I will have to post a finished picture later in the week!


Thank you once again, Karyn and Helena for the WONDERFUL projects this month! I am eagerly awaiting our next challenge!!!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome work and I think it is even more awesome when we learn from our mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. I love the colors you chose for each piece. Can't wait to see the next Nefertiti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both gorgeous. I love the bright blue in the bracelet and the softer blues in the necklace. I like that you used crystals in the necklace instead of the herringbone strips. The more bling, the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!! I really had a blast with these projects and am excitedly awaiting the next one! :D And Pixiloo, I was never a 'bling' girl but I'm being swayed little by little ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work as always Christine! I love your Nefertiti necklace - what a gorgeous mix of colours. Nice work!

    Thanks for taking part in Beading Babes again. I look forward to seeing you for Project 6!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I especially like the colours you chose for the necklace it is just beautiful.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I love your color choices and the disks that you used in the necklaces.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all!! :) I really enjoyed picking out the colors for these projects! I still need to finish up the last row of my second cuff and piece together my third Nefertiti!! I will post pics when those are finished! :)
    I'm SO excited about Project 6!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must have really loved the projects to have made even more! Lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really did enjoy them! I just finished up my third Nefertiti and will be finishing up my second cuff today :) Great patterns!!!

      Delete